Doors



I got lost in a blog last night and it all began with a short story written by E.B. White called The Door. This story was like a revelation to me. You can attempt to take it at face value but the metaphors run as deep as you'll let them. Interactions in life are important because they open new doors or in other situations close the doors you were most comfortable with. Rebuilding your home is sometimes necessary for growth but seeing your world come to pieces can be hard blow. He somehow writes the whole idea of life in four pages and it blows my mind. So that reopened the door in my mind to my writing and research class, which is always cracked open thanks to the interweb.
After reading through my writing and research professors blog, I set my phone down to think about the different concepts he uses when learning to teach from outside of the box. He is constantly finding new ways to engage students whether they are in his class or not. I found his post on the collaboration and the isolation of writers most inspiring. At one point he says, 
the nature of collaborative writing and creating is something that is not fostered in writing, publishing, and thinking. But it should be.
I agree even though the idea of collaborating intimidates the poop outta me, I want to learn and I want to develop my skill along with others. 
So what I'm trying to say is, after reading that post (plus every other one), I decided I would start a new blog to journal my path as a learner. As a writer, I find it difficult to balance myself between isolation and collaboration. Rarely do I want to be a team player. Most of the time I want a secluded cabin in the woods. Either way, I'm going to need feedback on my writing and my thoughts. As I research and try to understand concepts of the world around me I want to this leave space open for others to join in to teach me or learn from me. 

Comments

  1. This is a great blog. I can't wait to read more. If you want to start a thinking, writing, creative group, let me know. I would love to see where great minds might explore. I've joined some cool online groups and learning MOOCs that have changed the way I think. I will share them with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to start a thinking, writing, creative group! I'm going to have to google MOOCs not sure what that is. Sounds good I will be looking forward to it. :-) Yay thanks for your comments lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for not being clear. Massive Open Online Course (MOOC). We don't have to think in terms of Massive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment